People suffering from unwanted health problems deserve to enjoy life again. If we don't have our health and don't feel well, it's very difficult to enjoy life. We help our patients by addressing their problems on the cellular level (where health begins), and support the body with targeted nutritional support to provide the body with the support it needs to function properly again. When our bodies are functioning properly, there are no symptoms. Our patients also benefit by the nutritional and lifestyle support we provide, so they are able to continue their journey into health empowered by the knowledge of what works for their body's needs.
Meet Dr. Gorla
As the only Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine in the High Country, Dr. Gorla strives to help people understand the best doctor is their own body. When given the proper support, our bodies can often return to healthy function at most any age. His passion is to help people achieve and maintain their healthcare goals.
Dr. Gorla is a specialist with over 20 years of experience and understands the frustration of people who are trying to achieve wellness in a healthcare system that focuses on symptom management rather than identifying and addressing the root cause of the problem. He has incorporated consults with people all over the country to help them regain their health.
- DAOM, Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Emperors College of Traditional Oriental Medicine, Santa Monica, CA
- Concentrations in Immunology, Endocrinology, and Cardiology.
- Capstone Research & Literature Review Topic: Chinese Herbal Medicine efficacy in the treatment of asthma.
- Dr. Gorla is only one of a handful of clinicians in NC who has their Doctorate in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and also has the distinction of also being a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, and specializes in functional medicine.
- MSOM, Masters of Science in Oriental Medicine
- Southwest Acupuncture College, 2001
- Advanced Clinical Training In: Women’s Health, Anxiety and Depression
- Integrated Oncology, Saint Vincent’s Hospital, Santa Fe, NM
- NMD, American Naturopathic Medical Institute
- Post-Graduate Degree Completed in 2013
Dr. Gorla has been asked to speak around the country as a wellness expert, including Harvard Universtiy on Type 2 Diabetes and on TV talk shows, like this one in San Diego as a nationally recognized wellness expert. For videos, click here.