What Is It?
A common definition of detoxification is: “A bodily process in which toxins (unhealthy substances or molecules), are converted into less harmful or harmless substances and excreted.” The liver is our body’s main detoxification and filtering organ, while the colon, kidneys, gallbladder, lungs, skin, blood, and lymphatic system serve to escort waste products and unhealthy substances out of the body. The general principle is that the liver, among its hundreds of functions, tries to convert harmful substances in the blood to less harmful or innocuous substances before sending them on their way to be eliminated.
Benefits of Detoxification
Cleansing the body and bloodstream of harmful substances where possible, thus
- Restoring more normal detoxification processes and functions
- Eliminating free radical damage that speeds up the aging processes
- Strengthening the immune system
- Improving overall health and organ function
- Eliminating old, unhealthy, detrimental habits, and substituting new, restorative, health-building habits so you can reclaim your health, your youth, your life!